- I don’t want to see what they do to emphasize being “native” because it will probably be offensive.
- I don’t want to see how they either (mis)handle or eliminate religion from her story, because as is, FTL’s polytheism exists solely to heighten the (implicitly Judeo-Christian) audience’s sense of ‘barbarity’. I’m not here for being called a heathen, a barbarian, rudimentary, unevolved, or primitive. Or any of the other words that seem inevitably to crop up when talking about polytheism, regardless of if it’s my heritage or not.*
- I really don’t want to watch her die.
- I don’t want to watch the fandom-at-large immediately hate on her for whatever reason they come up with.
- I don’t want her story—which matters—to be dealt with in a half-assed forty-three minutes which will really only be a fraction of that, because everybody knows Snowing will have to fucking find each other.
- I’m not about to tolerate another WOC’s story being hijacked to tell a white chick’s story of self-actualization. I was so unprepared for what they did to Mulan; I cannot tolerate it again.